BURLINGTON NORTHERN CABOOSE #11687
This home-made caboose was converted from a 40-foot box car in the FRISCO's Springfield, Missouri shops in March, 1974. The car was painted a brownish red and numbered 1712; in the late '70s it was painted FRISCO orange and white. When the Burlington Northern absorbed the FRISCO in 1980, the car was painted BN green and numbered BN 11687. In 1987 the 11687 was donated to R.E. "Doc" Waters, a retired BN conductor and one of the founders of the Wichita Falls Railroad Museum. "Doc" in turn donated the caboose to the museum, making it the first piece of rolling stock.
Return to the WFRRM Home Page.
© Wichita Falls Railroad Museum